do very little cooking actually because it’s fish fingers and chips night.
Chopped up a couple of cornichons, a few capers and mixed in some mayo, left in fridge for day.
Bought some fish fingers in batter, which is MUCH my preferred way of having them and some Chris Normals (see Day 13 for the reference)
Really? A Picture? You wouldn’t want to click on this link and see Matt Smith instead? Also, he’s wet 😀
Tomorrow, however, requires a ‘bit’ more in the way of work, here’s the original recipe:
Fettuccine with melting Brie, Cherry tomatoes and Basil – can’t tell you where the recipe is from but it’s a magazine so probably Olive, Good Food, Jamie Oliver or similar, serves 4:
- 300g vegetarian Brie, rind removed, cut into cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 300g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Large handful (grrrr) fresh basil chopped
- Grated zest of 1/2 lemon and a squeeze of juice
- 400 g fettuccine or spaghetti
- Put the brie, garlic, oil, tomatoes, lemon zest and juice in a large bowl. Season, mix together and leave for 10 minutes to infuse.
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of salted water, then drain.
- Toss the hot pasta with the Brie mixture, then serve.
Nothing much happened today except we are going out for tea and I’m going out and having drinks with an actual adult so I’m getting a social life – yay.
Old Picture of The Cub
New Picture of The Cub
Peace, love and pizza!